My Good Deed (d.b.a. 9/11 Day)
(Effective Date: September 9, 2022)
- How we collect information
- Types of information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- How we protect and store your information
- Children’s Information
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at: [email protected] or write to us at:
MyGoodDeed, 9/11 Day, 5151 California Avenue, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92617
- How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by following means:
- Directly from you, when you provide information to us or interact with us;
- Automatically from you, when you utilize or interact with our Services;
- Information We Collect
In order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Contact information and any other information you choose to include when you communicate with us via e-mail, mail, phone or other channels;
- Profile and subscription information, such as a username and password, your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and usage and subscription preferences, which may include signing up to some of our Services or communications from us or when making a donation;
- Transactional information including payment information and payment history if you engage in transactions or make donations through the Services;
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, including for feedback and research purposes;
- User Content you may provide to publicly post via the Services (e.g., comments);
- Online User Activity described in the next section.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties on our behalf. For example, we use a payment processor when you engage in a transaction on our website; 9/11 Day does not itself collect or store payment card information.
- Online User Activity, Cookies and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. This includes:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number);
- Location information where you choose to provide the website with access to information about your device’s location;
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, which may be operated by our partners who assist us in serving ads or providing other services to you.
You may be able to opt out tracking by cookies or control how information collected by cookies is used via a number of means:
- You may be able to set preferences or block tracking across the internet by a particular third party by interacting directly with the third parties who conduct tracking through our Services by following the links provided above.
- You can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies across the internet. Note that if you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of our website or Services may not function properly or be available.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. Because definitions and rules for a “Do Not Track” standard have not yet been established, including whether such signals must be user-enabled, we do not yet respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from browsers.
- How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Respond to your requests, questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Manage, operate, and improve the Services and grow our business, including understanding our customer base and the effectiveness of our marketing, events, promotional campaigns, and publications, and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Comply with legal requirements and industry standards, detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and protect the rights of 9/11 Day, you, or others.
We may use and share information in an aggregated or de-identified manner data at our discretion, including for research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and improvement of our Services.
- How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us such as billing and collection, IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, marketing partners, accounting, auditing, and tax services, and other professional services.
Analytics. We partner with analytics providers, who collect information via tracking technologies on our websites to assist us with measuring visits and traffic on our websites so we can measure and improve the performance of the sites.
- Advertising. We partner with third parties who assist us in serving advertising regarding the Services to others who may be interested in the Services. These third parties may use tracking technologies on our website to collect or receive information from the Services and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads. Third parties may allow other companies to access information about you so that they may market other products you may be interested in.
- Legal. We share information where necessary to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government authorities or third parties, as permitted by law and without your consent when it is necessary to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; or to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies.
- How We Protect and Store Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries.
- Children’s Information
We do not knowingly or intentionally gather personal information about children. If we have inadvertently collected the personal Information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at [email protected] to request that we delete the information from our records or otherwise cease the use of that information in accordance with applicable law.